POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray Beta 8 turns into a pumpkin tomorrow! : Re: POV-Ray Beta 8 turns into a pumpkin tomorrow! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Beta 8 turns into a pumpkin tomorrow!
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Dec 2001 14:07:58
Message: <3c22370e@news.povray.org>
In article <3c223066$1@news.povray.org> , "Scott Gammans"
<nos### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Ken already answered

You should not assume that I could see Ken's reply before I posted my
reply...

> The rudeness of your reply is uncalled for.

I don't think it was rude nor was it intended to be rude.  If it offended
you I apologize.

The following will answer your question in more detail:

> what I thought was a legitimate question, and did so without your arrogant and
> discourteous manner.

You should really read what is written on the download site, which answers
precisely your question:

>This beta version expires after December 21, 2001! By this time there will
>either be a new beta version available here or the final version of POV-Ray 3.5
>will be available.

Or either of these two messages, which both apply: